Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mixed race


   Deni Rincon argues that  accepting and learning from other cultures would make racism a thing of the past. As a boy that came to america adapting to another culture isnt the worst thing in the world, you might even actually enjoy it if you are open to new things. She writes "you don’t necessarily  have to be biologically  a mixture of races to feel that you are multi-cultural you just simply have had to be exposed in one way or another to different races" (Rincon, mixed race). I strongly agree with this, because at one time i was also looked down upon just because I wasn't  born in the US and didn't know that much about it at that time. but as I met and mingled with people I too learned the culture of other races. American, Dominicans, black Americans and even Asians that grew up here. But also they came to understand my culture I think of my self as multi-culture just because living in queens where people are alot more diverse, I mean just go to 74th and roosevelt Queens you would see Asians, black Americans, and the spanish people all in one neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment